Sunday, April 17, 2011

Finals.. and Keeneland

It's amazing how fast the year flies. I can't believe that my first year of college is already almost over. It definitely feels as though I was moving in yesterday, but now I can't fathom three months without my friends.
But, between now and summer I've got a week of finals (yuk) and MAY TERM!! I've heard so many awesome things about May Term, and my friends and I have created a Bucket List for the occasion. Some of our goals include a girl's road trip weekend to King's Island, cookout dinner night on the new grills purchased by SGA, a work out plan, and running through all of the fountains in Lexington (that you are allowed to run though).
There is also the infamous Kentucky Derby coming up in May! Although it is still several weeks away, the plans for hats and dresses have already begun. Personally, I have some plans for racing silk inspired cupcakes.... instead of a babies in King Cake, I think I am going to make cupcakes with each of the different horse's colors... whoever has the colors of the winning horse is the winner. On the topic of horse races, Phi Mu is having their day at Keeneland today! I'm pretty excited for my first trip to Keeneland, and hope the weather cooperates. It will be nice to have a final day of relaxation before the stress of finals really sets in.

No comments: