Saturday, February 5, 2011

We have HOW many more weeks of winter?

Well, as much as I hate all the melting and refreezing of ice here in Kentucky, sometimes I realize it could be worse... a LOT worse. My mom took a bunch of pictures of the after effects of what they are calling a "thundersnow" from back home. Suddenly my back and shoulders are much more appreciative of all the shoveling they aren't doing.
If it gives this picture any kind of perspective, my sister standing furthest to the left is almost six feet tall.
My brother the snow architect and eskimo in training.
So glad I didn't have to help dig the cars out..!
Only my mother would shovel a path through the back yard for my dogs...
Backyard BBQ Picnic anyone?


Back in Lexington this week has been a long, long week. As Ellen the lab tech joked, we should make t-shirts that say "I survived" on one side and "36 hours, 3 exams, BSC" on the other. (BSC is for Brown Science Center) Because it seems like the whole building likes to get together and come up with the worst possible examination week schedule for science majors. But, I am a survivor!
Outside of classes, applications for positions next year are starting to be turned in. Whether it is Residence Assistants, Admissions Ambassadors, or Tour Guides most of the interviews and applications are within the next two weeks, so hopefully that will all turn out for the best.

Finally, the count down until Willie T. finalists has begun! Two more weeks!

No comments: